Pages

Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Envelope: White Ink on Kraft Paper

Another set of invitations going out today -- these are for the bridesmaids' luncheon.  While I was addressing the envelopes, I thought I should make a sample to show off here.  And please don't panic in the comments section -- this is NOT a real person or address, as far as I know.  Completely made up, down to the zip code, which Google and the USPS says does not exist either.


For those of you that are interested, I used a Brause 361 Steno Nib (the famous "Blue Pumpkin" nib, due to its color and shape; available at JetPens and many other online suppliers) and Dr. Ph. Martin's white Bombay India Ink, also available pretty much everywhere but Paper and Ink Arts is a good place to get it -- just trying to spread the love around here!  And now you know how I made up the name and address!  I'm still not sure why I picked Columbus, Mississippi for a city though.  It DOES exist but I don't know anyone who lives there.

2 comments:

  1. I have no idea what a steno nib is, but your envelope is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jackie! I am not real sure about the steno nibs either, but my impression is that they are a special kind of nib that was developed back in the old days for stenographers. This kind of nib is usually highly flexible and holds a lot of ink (which it sometimes vomits onto the paper all at once in my hands -- ha), which evidently made it very useful for stenographers. It also makes it ideal for calligraphy of this type. (I guess stenography is also a kind of calligraphy, so it sort of makes sense.) I have never learned/done steno, though, so I could be COMPLETELY off base!

      Delete